PayPoint.net, a leading online payments provider, and HostGee.Com, the foremost provider for web hosting and website solutions in Europe, USA , Asia, have joined forces to offer a comprehensive, scalable shopping solution for small and medium-sized online merchants.
The advanced hosting technology partnership will allow HostGee.Com to offer PayPoint.net’s comprehensive online payment suite, including access to its unique technology solutions such as its FraudGuard fraud prevention tool and innovative payment options such as PayCash, which enables shoppers to pay in cash for purchases made online.
Starting in September 2009, PayPoint.net’s Payment Gateway will be integrated with HostGee, closely followed by its Complete Solution offering, which includes an Internet Merchant Account as well as the Payment Gateway. PayCash, which allows consumers to purchase goods online and then pay cash at one of PayPoint’s 22,000 terminals in the UK, will also be included in the solution.
PayPoint.net operates an enterprise class payment solution which is used by leading brands and start-ups alike. It offers organisations a fast start to trading online, supported by powerful fraud management capabilities and leading-edge security features.
Michael Norton, managing director, PayPoint.net, said: “By partnering with HostGee.Com, we have chosen a best in class Web Hosting solution. We will be able to provide our exceptional online payment products to a wider e-commerce market and, as a result, hostgee.com has secured a partner that will provide an advanced payment suite coupled with high levels of audited security protection – with PCI DSS compliance – and exceptional innovation, such as our PayCash product.”
Shafiq Ur Rehman, Founder and CEO, HostGee, added: “At HostGee, we are striving to provide the best Web Hosting product to our clients and partners. Crucial to us is having a flexible partner that can provide a suite of products that is suitable from start-up to enterprise level. In PayPoint.net, we have an excellent business that gives us a payment platform with 99.9% uptime, best in class fraud protection and with a track record of new thinking in payments.”
PayPoint.net is a subsidiary of PayPoint plc, the leading cash and internet payments company in the UK with operations also in Ireland and Romania.
• PayPoint.net is a leading bank-independent online payment service provider which operates one of the most comprehensive, secure and reliable payment platforms in the UK. PayPoint.net offers organisations of every size a fast start to trading online, supported by powerful fraud management capabilities and leading-edge security features.
• PayPoint plc handles nearly £9 billion from over 540 million transactions annually for more than 6,000 clients and merchants.
• The PayPoint branded retail network numbers nearly 22,000 terminals located in local shops (including Co-op, Spar, McColls, Costcutter, Sainsbury’s Local, One Stop, Londis and thousands of independents) in all parts of the UK and Ireland. Its terminals process gas and electricity meter prepayments, cash bill payments, mobile phone top-ups, transport tickets, London Congestion Charges, BBC TV licences and a wide variety of other payment types for most leading utilities, telecommunications suppliers and many consumer service companies
• PayPoint operates an ATM network which has over 2,000 ‘LINK’ branded machines across the UK, typically in convenience stores;
• Pay Store SRL, trading as PayPoint Romania, is a mobile top-up operator with over 5,700 outlets equipped with electronic terminals. A bill payment service has been added to increase the breadth of PayPoint’s offering in Romania, emulating the branded retail
• Collect+ is a joint venture with Home Delivery Network Limited to provide a parcel collection and drop off service at its retailers.
PayPoint floated on the London Stock Exchange in September 2004 and the company’s market capitalisation at 13 August 2009 was £362 million. PayPoint is widely recognised for its leadership in prepayment systems, smart technology and consumer service.
About HostGee.Com Corporation
HostGee Corporation provides domain name registration, Web hosting and ecommerce, colocation, managed dedicated hosting, SaaS hosting, Web design and online marketing services to over 1 Hundred Thousand Web sites and 80,000 customers worldwide. It operates over 250,191 square feet of state-of-the-art data centers that reduce the complexity and cost of Web-based technologies for small businesses and large enterprises. Founded in 2009, HostGee is one of the world’s largest Web hosting companies with a direct presence in 3 countries, 3 worldwide operation centers and more than 150 employees.