Ten $10,000 Scholarships Awarded to Passionate Tech Students
Ten passionate, tech-oriented scholars across the U.S. are getting help with college tuition this fall as winners of Go Daddy’s .ME Scholarships. The students were selected from thousands of applicants. Winners are being awarded a $10,000 scholarship for tuition and books.
The average college tuition costs rose eight percent last year , which puts higher education out of reach for many students across the country.
“I went to college thanks to the G.I. Bill,” said Go Daddy CEO and Founder Bob Parsons. “Having a college education can make all the difference when it comes to building a business or a career. Who knows … we just might hire a few of our Go Daddy dot-ME scholarship winners after graduation.”
The winners of the dot-ME scholarships wrote essays about their passion for technology and their drive to make a difference – all core Go Daddy principles. Go Daddy is the world’s largest Web hosting provider and domain name registrar and is keenly interested in helping to develop a strong workforce for the future.
The winners come from Bakersfield, Calif. to Midlothian, Va. and all had stories about leveraging the power of the Internet for academics and their plans for using technology in their future.
From a young age, the winners have understood the power of the Internet. According to one winner, “Overall, the Internet has allowed me to pursue my interest in technology by providing me with a platform on which I could become an entrepreneur and talented Web designer/developer.”
The Go Daddy .ME Scholarship winners, their hometown and college they plan to attend are:
• Patrick A., Midlothian, Va., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
• Kryan A., Phoenix, Ariz., University of Colorado
• Lindsay B., Laguna Niguel, Calif., University of California-Irvine
• Annica B., Scottsdale, Ariz., Arizona State University
• Brian D., Boca Raton, Fla., Emory University
• Stephen G., Lakewood, Ohio, The Ohio State University
• Katie H., Phoenix, Ariz., Arizona State University
• Michael L., Bakersfield, Calif., Georgia Institute of Technology
• Shavana S., Tucson, Ariz., School of the Art Institute of Chicago
• James S., Daytona Beach, Fla., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
To learn more about the winners please visit www.GoDaddy.com/Scholarship